My Blog has Moved to freethoughtblogs.com since 1 November 2011

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I kid you not

In an interview with Algerian El Khabar newspaper in Arabic, George Galloway, the Respect MP, says the Mohammad caricatures are worse than the murder of innocent civilians on 11 September in New York and July 7 in London!

Silly me; I always thought slaughtering civilians was somehow worse than offending them...

I guess it takes an Islamist to think like one.

Anyway, here is the quote as translated by the BBC Monitoring Service in case you think I make this stuff up:

'...frankly what happened is an insult to Islam and Muslims. Personally, I condemn these barbaric and evil acts. Today, the objective of the Western states is to control the oil of the Muslims whatever the price. In fact, the cartoons published in Denmark did not surprise me because the Western states have been waging fierce attacks against Islam for years. These began by humiliation, insults and then occupation. Today they reached the point of ridiculing the prophet. This incident is worse than the 11 September attacks in the US and the 7/7 incidents in London. Therefore, today it is the right of Muslims to express their anger and to defend their right and faith...'

For more gems from Galloway – and trust me there are a lot more in this one interview - go to http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net. BTW, thanks to Rumy H for bringing this to my attention.

1 comment:

cobalt_blue said...

I agree with Galloway when it comes to his criticism of Christopher Hitchens, and when it comes to his criticism of the Bush administration, but he was way out of line with these comments. An imagined "insult" to the "prophet" of Islam is in no way equal to or superlative to the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and 7/7 that were perpetrated by the followers of that same "prophet"!