My Blog has Moved to freethoughtblogs.com since 1 November 2011

Friday, July 25, 2008

For those who have not yet protested

For those who have not yet protested the stoning orders against 8 women and 1 man, or the imminent execution of 30 in Tehran this Sunday, or the myriad other crimes against humanity committed by the Islamic regime in Iran, here is a reminder of what it has done and the urgent need to end its rule (Joseph Akrami's film 'A few simple shots').

The film is also a good reminder of people's ongoing resistance despite the unmentionable and why solidarity with the people of Iran against both Islam in power and US-led militarism is the only way forward.

2 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

I agree with every word.

In Russia about 1905, workers were religious (Father Gapon). Times changed as they will in Iran.

Greenconsciousness said...

I know a second wave feminist whose books I love as several of them have expressed what I needed to know as if they were unlocking my feelings into words. She is a heroine of the movement starting with her book "Women and Madness" in '72 through my favorite, "Women's Inhumanity to Women" and the last "The Death of Feminism"(which is about western feminist's refusal to organize and fight the slave status of women under the Islamic theocracies).

Phyllis Chesler sent this note out to the blogosphere and I hope you get a change to watch TV tonight or tomorrow.

---------------------------
This weekend, on both Saturday and Sunday evenings at 8pm, EST, Fox-TV will be airing a one hour documentary about honor murders in America. They interviewed me (Phyllis Chesler) at length and you may see my face and my words on camera.

FOX was the only national media outlet that really covered the honor murder of Sarah and Amina Said in Dallas Texas early this year. Kudos to them for their interest in this subject. The crew told me that I was the only domestic violence expert willing to say that honor murders have something to do with….Islam and with Muslims.

The Fox team was utterly amazing: Friendly, professional, exceedingly well prepared. About six or seven serious men arrived with lights, cameras, and computers and they turned my home into a studio-quality locale. I was interviewed by the very beautiful and brainy Lauren Greene but as I now understand it, the program will also be hosted by Megan Kelly. Let me thank Justin Laffer and Byron Garoufalis for providing excellent backup.

I would welcome your views of the program and the subject right here at my blog.

http://pajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/