My Blog has Moved to freethoughtblogs.com since 1 November 2011

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Facebook account has been reinstated but I am not returning without Mina

UPDATE 21 September 2010: No further action required - both Mina and my Facebook accounts have been reinstated. Thanks for all your help on this!


Hi all

Just to send you all a huge thank you for your help on this. Facebook has written to me apologising for the inconvenience and reinstating my account. There wasn't much explanation given other than some general recommendations, which don't really apply to me. I have written asking for clarification on why this happened. I haven't returned to Facebook though because Mina's account has still not been reinstated. I'll only come back when she does.

Thanks again. Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Ophelia Benson said...

We know Facebook is useful for opponents and critics of the regime in Iran, so it's very worrying indeed if FB is letting the IRI push it around. The people united have to push back.

Pol Wirtz said...

I really believe that one should tell Facebook to bring Mina back aswell.
It cannot be that FBK considers itself as a judge-or gives in to political pressure, for besuiness reasons.

let's keep an eye on this!!!